a) "Us/we/our" shall mean M J Plumbing Etc
b) "You/your" shall mean you: the customer (the person or organization for whom we
agree to carry out works and/or supply or materials)
c) "Representative" shall be the person we send to you to do work.
- Jobs on an hourly rate.
The total charge to you will be the time spent by our representative on the job.
Parts and materials supplied by us will be charged at the trade price
- Fixed Price work.
Quotes will include labour and materials. The price will be fixed but manifest errors
shall be exempted. Revision to quotes may occur:
- You change the scope of the work
- There is an increase in the price of materials
- Further works turn out to be needed to do the work
- Impossible for us to do the work for the previously quoted fixed price, we will give
you a free quote for the work so that you can choose to use us or not. If you decline
the quote there will be no charges payable by you.
- Invoices are payable 28 days after being received failure to do so will result in
a £30.00 late payment fee per calendar month your late
- Cancellation of jobs
- Please cancel your appointment within 24 hours’ notice prior to your appointment
or you will receive a cancellation fee of £15.00.
- All calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
- Time Keeping. Every effort is made to arrive at a job at the time and date agreed
with you, however we cannot accept liability for arriving late or for the late delivery
or failure to supply materials.
- You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who
the customer is and we have confirmation that you have the right to instruct us on
a) You will be tied to these terms and conditions as soon as you book an appointment
a) If we are doing work at your rented property on behalf of a landlord you the tenant
has to be bound by the terms of the contract and if for any reason whatsoever the
landlord refuses to pay you the tenant will be liable to pay and reclaim all cost
back from your landlord.
- Materials purchased as a result of work you instruct us to undertake will be charged
to you if you later cancel. Charges will be those of our normal terms and conditions.
We have a 100 day guarantee period of our labour for repairs.
If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, by 01474 850555 or in
writing, within 100 days of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work
and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense.
You agree that if you do not contact us within 100 days nor let us back in to rectify
our work we shall have no liability.
You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
- Guarantee Exceptions:
We guarantee our work, parts and equipment supplied to you, UNLESS
- They suffer misuse, are treated negligently or if our work is repaired, modified,
or tampered with by anyone other than us.
- We carry out works for you using your materials.
- You order us to carry out work against the advice of our representative. This advice
will be given to you either orally, or in writing.
- We indicate that further works need to be carried out.
- Existing installations that are either inferior or over 10 years old. Nor can we
guarantee the effectiveness or otherwise of our work in these cases.
- We accept no liability for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing our
obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we
shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
- We reserve the right to decline to undertake any work.
- Goods entitlement.
Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property
until paid for by you in full.
Whilst goods remain our property (we continue to have title over them) we have the
absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these
goods. At any time and without notice we shall also be entitled to enter any premises
in which our goods, or any part of them, are installed, stored or kept or it is reasonably
believed to be so.
We shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring
or otherwise disposing of such goods.
However, the risk in the goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure
them at replacement value and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly
- It is down to you the home owner/ Landlord to check and maintain stop cocks to the
property at both the point of entry to the building and at the water stop cock in
the street. If when checked the water stop cock in the street is not operational/functional
then you should contact the water board in all instances.
- We/us ourselves, will not and cannot be held responsible for floods or any flood/water
damage caused to your home/property if your stop cocks into the property or at the
street are not serviceable/functional in such a way that we are able to stop the
water from entering your property.
- These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted,
varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our
duly authorized representative and you.
Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you
or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you.
By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application
of any of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be
governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.